A unique yoga and wellness experience with a focus on deepening your personal meditation experience – 8 day residential in Byron Bay
2016 dates to be announced soon
(there is a parallel option of a Meditation Teacher Training course here)
Price $1995 (includes meditation and yoga tuition, philosophy talks, all meals and accommodation and massage treatments)
*Earlybird – offer only available for bookings made more than 8 weeks prior to course commencement.
New to meditation or looking to go deeper with your dhyana practice and benefit from some ‘me time’? Join Swami Pujan and John Ogilvie as they lead this relaxed retreat in beautiful Byron Bay to explore meditation, yoga asana and pranayama combined with philosophy and wellness sessions along with time for reflection and relaxation to create space for personal transformation.
On this eight day retreat you will be guided and supported by meditation teacher Swami Pujan and other Byron Yoga Centres Senior Meditation Instructors to develop your personal practice and explore various forms and techniques of meditation. The program will also include yoga classes, wellness and philosophy sessions, personal treatments plus time to relax by the pool and at the beach.
On this retreat, you will:
- learn various different meditation techniques
- delve into the science behind meditation and the philosophy that supports it
- recognise the obstacles in meditation practice
- learn how to establish a daily meditation practice
- enjoy yoga classes suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced plus wellness sessions
- benefit from personal treatments such as massage
- enjoy reflection and relaxation time
This retreat is suitable for beginners and experienced yogis alike, and is ideal for yoga teacher training graduates as the hours you spend in meditation and yoga practice may count towards your continued learning as required by the different yoga associations. The pace is relaxed, with a balance of asana classes, treatments and relaxation time – it’s perfect for those looking for time out to explore their inner world … and Byron Bay.
If you are looking for a more intense focus on the theory, techniques and teaching of meditation, perhaps as a yoga teacher looking to also teach meditation, then you may be interested in the training running parallel to this retreat the Meditation Teacher Training course.
Our teacher training graduates and past retreat guests will be familiar with Swami Pujan’s teachings on yoga philosophy and meditation. His easy going, accessible teaching style is entertaining as it is informative.
What to bring
Please bring your own meditation stool and yoga mat if you have them, however mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks etc. will all be provided so you can trial different sitting positions.You can use a chair or other props if sitting on a meditation cushion is difficult and we encourage you to find a comfortable sitting position that you can maintain. Yoga (asana) sessions will help with finding a stable and comfortable meditation seated posture.
- Twin share accommodation 7 nights / 8 days (ensuite and/or private rooms subject to availability)
- All meals – 3 meals each day, light and delicious sattvic vegetarian cuisine
- Herbal teas and fruit available all day (sweet treats and cold drinks on sale)
- Daily meditation training & instruction (varied styles), philosophy talks
- Three 50 minute massage, treatments
- Twice daily yoga – morning and afternoon
- Evening sessions
- Use of the mineral salt swimming pool