Take the next step with your practice… in Byron
Price $5700 (non-residential)
Earlybird Price $5450*
*Earlybird – offer only available for bookings made more than 8 weeks prior to course commencement.
Byron Bay Part time Level 1 plus Level 2 – 500 hour (save up to $600 by booking for both the Level 1 and Level 2)
Sign up for your 500 RYT certification, two options for 2017:
Option 1 Starts 9 June ends 18 Nov 2017
- Level 1 sessions are 9am-6pm 2 days each week for 10 weeks Friday & Saturday starts 9 June 2017, Byron Street Studio.
- Level 2 sessions are 9am-6pm 2 days each week for 10 weeks Friday & Saturday starts 15 September 2017, Byron Street Studio
Option 2 Starts 12 Sept 2017 ends 21 Feb 2018
- Level 1 sessions are 9am-6pm 2 days each week for 10 weeks Tuesday & Wednesday starts 12 September 2017, Byron Yoga Retreat Centre
- Level 2 sessions are 9am-6pm 2 days each week for 10 weeks Tuesday & Wednesday starts 28 November 2017, Byron Street Studio (note there is a 3 week break for Christmas and New Year). Course ends 21 Feb 2018.
Byron Bay 500 Hour Non-residential Training
Experience makes the difference
Byron Yoga Centre’s Part Time Byron Bay 500 Hour (Level 1 and Level 2) Teacher Training Course is a complete experience with 20 weeks of 2 days a week. You can select your preferred dates from the Level 1 and Level 2 options. The course includes sessions Byron Yoga Centre’s senior trainers and students are mentored throughout the process for optimum professional and personal development.
Established in 1988 by John Ogilvie, Byron Yoga Centre is one of the longest running yoga schools in Australia and a leading training academy. The lead teachers have over 20 years of knowledge and expertise.
Teaching yoga consists of more than simply the skills required to perform asanas correctly or knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Ultimately, the path to teaching yoga with awareness and understanding involves deepening your own practice.
Level 1 Course Overview
The course consists of a comprehensive program covering a broad range of fascinating subjects all aimed at deepening your understanding of not just the postures, but also pranayama (breathing practices), meditation, and yoga philosophy and lifestyle. All teacher trainees get the opportunity to develop their teaching skills in a real-life context in teaching public classes.
Over a relatively short time, you’ll emerge with the practical skills and confidence to launch your yoga teaching career.
Part A: Pre course prep
The preparation / study for the Part Time Level 1 Teacher Training Course begins at least 4 weeks before course commencement date. You will complete approx 30 hours of online and self study. This will include practicing with a DVD of the Purna Yoga sequence for Level 1, learning the sanskrit names of poses and completing some pre course reading.
Part B: Studio Sessions
The practical and lecture sessions, which have an average of 18 students and a maximum of 24, will include the following:
- Asana Techniques and Alignment
- Teaching Methodology and Language
- Adjusting and correcting students
- Sequencing for classes and private students
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Modifications and variations of poses
- Yoga Philosophy, focus on the 8 Limbs
- Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Meditation and pranayama practices
- Teaching Practice with feedback from senior teachers
Part C: Online and practical
Part C is undertaken in your own time and can be completed between the weekly sessions or after the completion of the Studio Sessions at a personal pace. It comprises the maintaining of a personal journal of self-practice and of teaching experience plus some online study. Level 1 online components must be completed before the start of your Part Time Level 2.
Level 2 Course Overview
The Byron Yoga Centre Level 2 Part Time Teacher Training Course is designed to deliver our characteristic holistic approach to training that encompasses the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of the yogic path.
Part A: Pre-course preparation
Students are required to complete approx 30 hours of pre-course online study and preparation.
Part B: Studio Sessions
The 10 weeks of attending 2 days a week of practical and lecture sessions will include the following:
- Level 2 Asana techniques, alignment, modifications and variations
- Teaching Methodology for intermediate yoga classes
- In Depth adjusting and correcting students
- Advanced Sequencing for classes and private students
- Level 2 Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 2 Yoga Philosophy, focus on Yoga Sutras
- Learn to teach pranayama and meditation
- Refining your teaching skills with ‘real life’ practice teaching opportunities from day 1
Part C: Online and practical
Part C is undertaken in your own time and can be completed between the weekly sessions. It comprises the maintaining of a personal journal of self-practice and of teaching experience plus some online study. If needed you can continue the study and complete the course after the final week sessions.
Level 1 and Level 2, 500 hour Teacher Training Qualification
The Byron Yoga Centre’s Level 1 and Level 2 part time Teacher Training Courses are fully accredited with Yoga Alliance. They are designed to deliver holistic training that encompasses the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of the yogic path.
The style of yoga taught on the course is Purna Yoga – integrating asana, breath, meditation and philosophy.
Each of our lead teachers have over 20 years of knowledge and expertise. Under the guidance of veteran yoga teachers, John Ogilvie and the teaching staff on this course are experienced and dedicated. You’ll be inspired by our resident and guest yoga teachers alike, who ‘walk their talk’, living the yoga lifestyle, and are all knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects. All are passionate about supporting you in your continuing yoga journey.
Other experienced teachers include:
- 9am to 6pm for 2 days each week for a total of 20 weeks (non residential)
Example of timetable
|11:00am||-||12:45pm||Practical and Lectures|
|1:30pm||-||3:30pm||Practical and Lectures|
|4:00pm||-||6:00pm||Practical teaching and lectures|
All bookings must be paid in full 6 weeks before course start date, however we still accept bookings up until the day of the course. We offer internet banking and credit card facilities.
Read an article all about the joys of undertaking part-time teacher training here.