Byron Yoga Centre Retreats
Joining a yoga retreat is different from a holiday. A holiday is usually about ‘doing’ (even if all you plan to ‘do’ is lie on a beach!) while a retreat is about ‘being’. A yoga retreat is an invitation for positive change, growth or even transformation.
5 Reasons to Take a Retreat at Byron Yoga Retreat Centre
- You want to take your yoga beyond asana: The foundation of the yoga retreats at Byron Yoga Centre is the yoga developed by founder John Ogilvie, Purna Yoga. Purna, meaning complete in Sanskrit, represents Byron Yoga Centre’s holistic approach to yoga – integrating the physical asana postures with meditation, pranayama and yoga philosophy.
- You are looking for clarity: Perhaps you have come to a crossroads in your life and need to make a decision, choose an option or potentially move on from a situation. Removing yourself from your everyday reality, taking some time out to quieten your mind through yoga and being in nature can allow you to access your intuition.
- Digital detox: How many times do you check your phone each day? How many times do you really need to check your phone each day? Is it a tendency, a fixation or an obsession? A yoga retreat is an opportunity to leave the computer at home, put the phone away or even leave it with reception, and weaken the dependency.
- Eat healthier: Taking a retreat offers you a chance to enjoy and benefit from nourishing food that you don’t have to make for yourself. Much of the fresh produce at Byron Yoga Retreat Centre is grown in the onsite organic garden or sourced from local suppliers and the longer retreats include a cookery demonstration.
- Kick start new habits: New habits can take take 3 months to become fully ingrained, but a retreat can give you the chance to create a solid foundation. Being away from your usual routines, triggers and cues can make giving up a bad habit, starting a new practice or making a change to your pattern of behaviour a whole lot easier.
Byron Yoga Centre retreats offer you the opportunity to take some time to achieve your personal goals and the space to make positive changes.
“Byron Yoga Centre really offers a unique experience for guests. You get the chance to completely switch off, but without feeling like you’re on a strict/disciplined retreat. You learn whilst practicing, you’re given guidance and advice, without it being pushed onto you. And most importantly, everything you do is of your own choice and at your own pace, which I found really unique. The location, facilities and people made you feel like you were part of a family and I would come back in a heartbeat.” Emma.