The 10865NAT Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching qualifies international students to apply for a student visa that allows visa holders to study and work in Australia.

Byron Yoga Centre has been an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) since 2009 and is approved by CRICOS (the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students).

Purna Yoga Pty Ltd t/a Byron Yoga Centre | RTO No. 91522 | CRICOS ID. 03418E

The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for processing and approving student visas.

The 10865NAT Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching has a 12-month duration and the student visa is usually granted for two months longer than the course, therefore the visa length should be 14 months.

The visa costs from AUD710.00 for the main applicant. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.

The processing times for a student visa depends on many factors and we recommend applying for a student visa at least 2-3 months before course commencement if you are applying from overseas. When you are already in Australia, you can apply for the visa a few weeks before course commencement, and you can wait for the visa approval while studying.

You will need a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) to apply for your student visa and a COE is obtained when your enrolment with Byron Yoga Centre is finalised.

You must purchase Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) which is offered only by Australian companies, and it must be purchased for the entire duration of the visa (14 months).

You must have enough funds to pay for the course fees, OSHC, travel and living costs. You may be asked to provide evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application, and you may need to undergo a health examination.

You will need to write a GTE statement which is the most important part of your visa application. The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity measure to ensure the student visa program is used as intended and not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

Please check this document checklist tool to see what documents will be required on your student visa application according to your home country.

A student visa holder can work up to 48 hours per fortnight while studying and can start working as soon as the course commences. When the course is not in session, there are no work restrictions, therefore students can work unlimited hours on school holidays. For more information on

Before starting working, students need to obtain an Australian Tax File Number.

For more details on student visas please check the Home Affairs page.

For full details of how to apply for the course see the Certificate IV webpage.

For more details on how to apply for the Australian student visa see the Home Affairs webpage.

Byron Yoga Centre Courses

10865NAT Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching

The Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching is a 12 month course. International students can apply for a 1 year student visa to Australia. Australian students can apply for Austudy.

Purna Yoga Pty Ltd t/a Byron Yoga Centre | RTO No. 91522 | CRICOS ID. 03418E
10865NAT Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching. Course code: 102571E

Austalian Student Visas

Would you like more info on our yoga courses for international students?