You should also practice the Level 1 postures without the DVD sometimes. You can download the sequence at Level 1 sequence.
Go to sanskrit-pronunciation to practice saying the Level 1 posture names out loud.
You should also practice the Level 2 postures without the DVD sometimes. You can download the sequence at Level 2 sequence.
Go to sanskrit-pronunciation to practice saying the Level 2 posture names out loud.
These are the REQUIRED TEXTS which you can order through our online shop
1. Light on Yoga, B.K.S. Iyengar (RRP $35)
2. The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I (RRP $60)
3. DVD Yoga Class – Level 1 With John Ogilvie (Level 1 & Cert IV) (RRP $22)
4. DVD Yoga Class – Level 2 With John Ogilvie (Level 2 & Cert IV) (RRP $22)
5. Yoga Nidra CD – Byron Yoga Centre (RRP $16.50)
The following is RECOMMENDED READING and also can be ordered through our on line shop
1. Light on Pranayama, B.K.S. Iyengar (RRP $35)
You can download the Byron Yoga Centre Student Handbook here
Fitness Australia CEC Codes
Level 1 Teacher Training is approved for 15 CEC’s code: 91103FA112
Level 2 Teacher Training is approved for 15 CEC’s code: 02691FA0913
Austudy Approval for Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching
Institution Code: 2P978
We take credit card or direct deposit to our bank account from Australia or overseas.
Direct Deposit Details:
Purna Yoga Pty Ltd
National Australia Bank – Jonson Street, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Account No 85-960-6267
Swift code NATAAU3303M
Please be sure to add your name
Part B Homework Breakdown
Byron Yoga Centre Teacher Training
Part B Over View Level 1
Homework should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – or by mail to : PO Box 721, Byron Bay, NSW 2481
To complete your additional 80 hours after you have completed the 12 day Intensive and receive your Level 1 Yoga 200 hour teaching qualification you must complete the following course work:
• Attend 30 Yoga Classes
• Teach 10 private sessions
• Record your daily practice of; Pranayama, Meditation and Asanas
• Record 10 each of sequences, adjustments and props used in the 30 yoga classes you attend
• Do your homework assigned on Moodle
An example of the 80 hours could look like this -please note that you are expected to have a daily asana practice until you complete your homework.
• Attending 30 classes- up to 40 hours
• Teaching 10 private sessions – up to 10 hours
• Daily practice and recording of Pranayama, Meditation and Asanas – 20 hours minimum
• Homework on moodle and recording of the 10 of each sequences, adjustments and props used in the 30 yoga classes you attend – 10 hours
Part B Over View Level 2
An example of the 180 hours could look like this:
- Attending an additional 30 classes- up to a maximum of 45 hours.
- Teaching an additional 50 hours of yoga classes. (Students need to complete 100 hours teaching to register to RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance. They can include the teaching hours during and after their Level 1 course.)
- Daily practice and recording of Asanas,Pranayama and Meditation– a minimum of 70 hours -may also include reading and studying which would be entered on the asana practice journal, as well as attending workshops, immersions and retreats.
- Homework on Moodle and recording of an additional 10 of each sequences, adjustments/corrections and props used in the 30 yoga classes you attend – up to a maximum of 15 hours.
Please keep a record of your hours using your journals. Any questions ask a teacher.