Purna Yoga Invocation
You should also practice the Level 1 postures without the DVD sometimes. You can download the sequence at Level 1 sequence.
Go to sanskrit-pronunciation to practice saying the Level 1 posture names out loud.
You should also practice the Level 2 postures without the DVD sometimes. You can download the sequence at Level 2 sequence.
Go to sanskrit-pronunciation to practice saying the Level 2 posture names out loud.
These are the REQUIRED TEXTS which you can order through our online shop
1. DVD Yoga Class – Level 1 With John Ogilvie (Level 1 & Cert IV) – RRP $22
2. DVD Yoga Class – Level 2 With John Ogilvie (Level 2 & Cert IV) – RRP $22
2. Yoga Nidra CD – Byron Yoga Centre – RRP $16.50
Download the Domestic Student Handbook
Download the International Student Handbook
Austudy Approval for Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching
Institution Code: 2P978
We take credit card or direct deposit to our bank account from Australia or overseas.
Direct Deposit Details:
Purna Yoga Pty Ltd
National Australia Bank – Jonson Street, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Account No: 85-960-6267
Swift code: NATAAU3303M
Please be sure to add your name
Byron Yoga Centre Teacher Training
Homework should be submitted via email to: email@example.com – or by mail to : PO Box 721, Byron Bay, NSW 2481
All homework submitted via email should be either in PDF or WORD format
Level 1 Part C Overview
If you select the 20 day Premier Course you will complete Part C in the final 8 days of the residential course and would then receive your 200 hour certification before you leave. If you have undertaken the 12 day option you need to complete an additional 80 hours after you have completed the 12 day intensive to receive your Level 1 Yoga 200 hour teaching qualification. An example of the 80 hours could look like this (please note that you are expected to have a daily asana practice until you complete your homework):
- Attending 30 classes- up to 40 hours and record 10 each of sequences, adjustments and props used in the 30 yoga classes you attend
- Teaching 10 private sessions – up to 10 hours
- Daily practice and recording of your Pranayama, Meditation and Asana practice – 20 hours minimum
- Homework on Moodle, approx 10 hours
Level 2 Part C and Part D
If you select the 20 day Premier Course you will complete Part C in the final 8 days of the residential course and then you just need to compete Part D, approx 100 hours in your own time. If you have undertaken the 12 day option you need to complete Part C and Part D– an additional 180 hours in total (Part C = approx 80 hours, Part D = approx 100 hours) after you have completed the 12 day Intensive to receive your Level 2 Yoga 300 hour teaching qualification.
An example of Part C 80 hours could look like this (please note that you are expected to have a daily asana practice until you complete your homework):
- Attending an additional 15 classes- up to a maximum of 30 hours, and recording of an additional 5 of each sequences, adjustments/corrections and props used
- Teaching an additional 10 hours of yoga classes
- Daily practice and recording of Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation– a minimum of 20 hours -may also include contact sessions and workshops, reading and studying which would be entered on the asana practice journal,
- Homework on Moodle, approx 20 hours
An example of Part D 100 hours could look like this (please note that you are expected to have a daily asana practice until you complete your homework):
Attend 20 yoga classes and record in Asana Class journal.
Record 10 entries in the sequence, adjustments & corrections and props journal;
Record daily yoga practices of pranayama, meditation and asana in journals. A minimum of 50 hours is required, which may also include study, reading and attendance at workshops, immersions and retreats entered in the study journal.
Teach and record in Teaching Asana journal 25 hours of yoga classes.
An example of the 100 hours could look like this:
- Attending 20 yoga classes – A maximum of 30 hrs. A yoga class must be a minimum of 45 minutes duration. From these classes, record your favourite 10 sequences, 10 adjustments & corrections and 10 uses of yoga props in the journals.
- Recording daily yoga practices of asana, pranayama and meditation in journals. A minimum of 50 hours is required. (Study, reading and research could be up to a maximum of 15 of these hours.)
- Teaching asana hours – a minimum of 25 hours and a maximum of 30 hours
Note: The expected daily self-practice is 80% of the total number of days required to complete the Part D component. That is, if it took 100 days to complete Part D, then the entries for daily yoga practices should be more than 80 days.
Certificate Re-Issue Fee
If you need another copy of your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and include your course and training dates. There is a $30 reprinting fee which includes postage.
Please keep a record of your hours using your journals. Any questions ask a teacher.
Complaint and Grievances Procedure – here
Complaint and Grievances Form – here