This residential course is a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions. You will have the opportunity for practical teaching experience or you can choose to participate as a student. Then the evening sessions will include teaching practice and also offer you time to relax and reconnect to yourself through guided meditation, pranayama and Yoga Nidra.
- Learn to teach 20 Yin Yoga poses, safely and confidently
- Yin intentions and principles
- Physical and energetic theory and benefits of Yin Yoga asanas
- Meridians of the body and how to develop themed classes
- Sequencing, adjusting and use of props for Yin Yoga
- Bio mechanics of Yin Yoga on the body
- Practical teaching opportunities
- Time to relax, enjoy the pool and explore the area
- Guided meditations, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra
If you attend all the sessions and classes, you will receive a certificate of completion. You can choose to opt out of classes but you will not only get the 50 Hour certificate if you attend all sessions.
This can be counted as 50 hours towards any Level 1 or Level 2 where you have already participated in the residential intensive.
This 50 hour training can be counted as your CPD (Continuous Professional Development) as required by Yoga Alliance (YACEP) and Yoga Australia.
Note: There are no assessments or online requirements for this course (yay!).
This course will be facilitated by Byron Yoga Centre Senior Teachers. Led by Marita Dortins and Bec Isaacs.