Deepen your practice, explore methods and learn to teach meditation techniques – 7 day residential in Byron Bay
Price from $1995 (includes tuition, teacher training manual, all meals and 6 nights nights in quad (4) share room with shared bathroom, other accommodation options subject to cost and availability)
Earlybird price from $1800*
*Earlybird – offer only available for bookings made more than 8 weeks prior to course commencement
Looking to go deeper with your dhyana (meditation) practice or perhaps you are on the path as a yoga and meditation teacher? Join Swami Pujan and senior teachers at Byron Yoga Retreat Centre to gain valuable knowledge and insights into meditation techniques and teaching methods. Gain a 60 hour Meditation Teacher certificate but most importantly – gain a deeper understanding of self.
On this seven day Meditation Teacher Training course you will develop your personal practice under the guidance of Swami Pujan and other Byron Yoga Centre’s Senior Meditation Instructors explore the theory of meditation and learn techniques and teaching methods of various forms of meditation (manual provided).
The training is suitable for those looking to deepen their personal practice and understanding and also for those on the teaching path. Lead by Swami Pujan and including other senior teachers and Byron Yoga Centre founder John Ogilvie, the program includes a balance of yoga classes, wellness and philosophy sessions and teacher training workshops. You will also have time to reflect and relax by the mineral salt swimming pool or at the beach.
On this training, you will:
- learn various different meditation techniques
- delve into the science behind meditation and the philosophy that supports it
- recognise the obstacles in meditation practice
- learn how to establish a daily meditation practice
- discover the ways to teach, bring meditation into the yoga class and begin to develop your teaching methods
- enjoy yoga classes suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced plus wellness sessions
This retreat is ideal for yoga teacher training graduates as the hours you spend in meditation and yoga sessions may count towards your continued learning as required by the different yoga associations.
Our teacher training graduates and past retreat guests will be familiar with Swami Pujan’s teachings on yoga philosophy and meditation. His easy going, accessible teaching style is entertaining as it is informative.
What to bring
Please bring your own meditation stool and yoga mat if you have them, however mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks etc will all be provided so you can trial different sitting positions. You can use a chair or other props if sitting on a meditation cushion is difficult and we encourage you to find a comfortable sitting position that you can maintain. Yoga (asana) sessions will help with finding a stable and comfortable meditation seated posture.
- Share accommodation 6 nights / 7 days (ensuite and/or private rooms at an additional cost subject to availability)
- All meals – 3 meals each day, light and delicious sattvic vegetarian cuisine
- Herbal teas and fruit available all day (sweet treats and cold drinks on sale)
- Daily meditation training & instruction (varied styles), philosophy talks
- Meditation Teacher training manual
- Twice daily yoga – morning and afternoon
- Evening sessions
- Use of the mineral salt swimming pool
|2:00pm||-||3:00pm||Arrive and settle in to your accommodation|
| 3:00pm||-|| 4:30pm||Welcome Circle and Meditation
| 4:30pm||-||6:00pm||Meditation techniques and Philosophy Session|
|6:00pm||-|| 7:00pm||Dinner followed by evening meditation session|
|6:00am||-||8:00am||Asana Based Movement, Pranayama and Meditation|
| 9:00am||-||10:00am||Meditation Enquiry and Philosophy|
|10:00am||-||10:30am||Fresh Juice Break|
|10:30am||-||12:30pm||Meditation Techniques and Teaching Methods|
|1:30pm||-|| 2:30pm||Free Time for Rest or Reflection|
|2:30pm||-|| 4:00pm||Meditation Techniques and Philosophy Session|
| 4:00pm||-|| 4:30pm||Afternoon Tea
| 4:30pm||-|| 6:00pm||Meditation Techniques and Teaching Methods|
| 6:00pm||-|| 7:00pm||Dinner|
| 7:00pm||-||Meditation Session or Yoga Nidra|
|6:30am||-||8:00am||Asana Based Movement, Pranayama and Meditation|
|9:00am||-||10:00am||Meditation Enquiry and Philosophy|
|10:00am||-||10:30am||Fresh Juice Break|
|11:30am||-||Check out and departure (you are welcome to stay on to use the facilities and have lunch)|
* Daily program may vary slightly – you will receive full details upon arrival