Preparation Time: 10mins
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Crushed seeds from 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- Handful of dried fruit (sultanas, figs, dates etc.)
- Handful of nuts (almonds, cashew, Brazil etc.)
- Sprinkling of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame etc.)
- Honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
- Combine the oats, nuts and seeds together and soak overnight.
- Rinse the oats, nuts and seeds through a sieve and then place in a saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients except the sweetener.
- Bring to the boil in a pan. Simmer for 5 mins. Take off the heat and leave for 1 min.
- Add sweetener to taste and serve.