(Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp linseed or flax meal combined with 6 Tbsp warm water)
1 cup orange juice
Zest of 1 orange ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¾ cup soy or nut milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1½ cups of buckwheat flour
½ cup almond meal
¼ cup coconut sugar
2-3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Make flax egg by whisking warm water and flax (or linseed) meal together and let it sit for at least 5 minutes
- Combine milk and orange juice and whisk together and let it set
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix together
- Combine all wet ingredients and stir to combine
- Stir wet ingredients through the dry ingredients until well combined, avoiding over mixing
- Place into greased muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until you can gently press on the top of the muffin and it puffs back up or you can place a skewer in and it comes back out nice and clean.
- Remove from oven and muffin tins and place on a cooling rack to cool before serving.
- Eat at least one while they are still warm!