(Gluten Free & Vegan)
Makes 15 small cookies
- 2 Tbl Coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tbl Molasses
- ¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbls flax + 5 Tbls water whisked and left to sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
To sprinkle on top:
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Make flax egg if not already prepared.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, beat together the coconut oil, tahini, molasses, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and buckwheat flour to form a dry mix.
- Pour dry mix on top of the wet mix into a little mound, then create a little well in the top of the dry mix. Place baking soda in well and then pour over the apple cider vinegar. Allow to foam and then mix everything together well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and ground ginger to sprinkle on top.
- Roll dough into small balls, then press to slightly flatten on the tray and sprinkle spiced sugar mix on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies have puffed and are cooked through. You can bake for an extra minute or two for crispier edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!